Last minute Christmas Card? Fancy a quick art activity with the kids or grandchildren?
- Find an image of an animal you would associate with Christmas or Winter. Polar bears, stags, robins etc. You could use the Internet or from a book. Draw (or trace) their silhouette
3. Once the masking fluid is dry Paint the silhouette with clean water.
4. Using watercolour paint, paint the image. I used two different blues. Make sure the paint is quite watery.
5. Scrape off the masking fluid leaving white circles representing snow falling
6. If you want you can personalise your card writing a special Christmas message.
Finally decorate your card with as much or as little as you wish. I’ve left mine pretty plain with just a very light blue wash over the ground. But you could add black pen work, glitter etc..